Videos for Real Estate: All You Need to Know
Video has exploded in popularity over the past few years, and it’s not difficult to see why. Not only does it offer an effective way to grab your audience’s attention, but it’s more memorable than other forms of content such as text or pictures. The human brain simply processes video differently from any other media.
Videos for real estate are becoming increasingly popular, especially as people have become accustomed to video content from platforms like Facebook, YouTube, and TikTok. If you’re not producing or incorporating videos into your real estate marketing strategy, you’re missing out on one of the most powerful opportunities to reach your audience.
This comprehensive guide will walk you through reasons to use video in real estate, everything you need to know about creating high-quality videos, and the types of videos you should produce to help boost your business.
Reasons to Use Video in the Real Estate Industry
If you’re in the real estate business, video can be a great way to help you stand out from the competition. Here are some compelling reasons to use videos for real estate marketing:
1. Improve Conversion Rates
Most people respond more positively to video than other forms of content. Studies show that those who watched a video were at least 64% more likely to convert than those who didn’t watch one. Making your listings jump off the webpage with video content, rather than traditional pictures, is likely to capture the attention and boost the interest of more buyers. In fact, according to HubSpot, video marketing converts visitors into leads 11 times more effectively than text and social media marketing combined.
2. Showcase Your Listings
Video gives homebuyers a much clearer idea of what they can expect regarding the size and layout of a home, and you can easily feature how close it is to nearby amenities. By recording video walking tours, you’ll be able to showcase how the space actually feels and how each room is connected, giving your clients a better idea if the home is right for them.
3. Increase Website Traffic
To build your farm, you should always be trying to get more hits on your website and social media pages. The good news is videos improve website performance – websites with videos usually rank higher on Google search and receive more traffic overall.
4. Attract Buyers
Video has really taken over how people consume information online, and this has spilled over into the real estate industry as well. 52% of buyers would rather watch a video than read a traditional listing, according to The Realtors® Conference Board Survey on Consumer Preferences in Home Buying and Selling. Make it easier for buyers to find your listings by showing them off in a format they are already looking for.
How to Create Videos for Real Estate
But what do you need to know about creating videos for real estate? Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Keep it short and sweet, preferably under two minutes long. (Attention spans are short!)
- Don’t forget the sound! Add commentary on the property, or at least some background music.
- Your iPhone is ok. You can use a high-quality camera to film the property, but these days, the cameras on smartphones can more than keep up. If you use your phone to film, consider using a stabilizer (i.e., a gimbal) to keep your video steady.
- Consider using drone footage for aerial shots to really show off the property.
- Include text call-outs within the video for really exciting features (a huge backyard!) and a call to action at the end of the video so the client knows how to contact you for more information.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to use an online professional video editor to edit your videos professionally for better results.
5 Types of Videos Every Real Estate Agent Needs
In order to show your potential clients that you’re the right real estate agent for them, you need to create videos that showcase your skills, personality, and knowledge. Here are five types of videos every real estate agent needs:
1. Tour Video – This is a short walk-through video showcasing a property for sale. Highlight the best features of the home and watch the views (and leads) wrack up!
2. Informational Video – Creating informational videos can set you up as the local real estate expert your clients need. Answer commonly asked questions about buying or selling a home, give an update on your market, and help first time buyers with what they need to know for a great experience.
3. Open House Video – A brief video introducing an open house property can go a long way to getting potential buyers through the door.
4. Marketing Piece Video – Producing a video introducing yourself and your agency that can be used in marketing efforts like email campaigns and social media content will be very helpful to grow your farm. Think of it like a video business card.
5. Client Testimonial Video – Do you have any satisfied clients who can’t wait to share a testimonial? Ask them if they’re willing to let you film it! Client videos add authenticity to the testimonial because you are showing real people, and you can also showcase the beautiful home you helped them purchase.
The demand for video content is only increasing, so it’s time to get on board! Fortunately, making videos for real estate doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. Follow the tips in this guide, and you’ll be well on your way to creating engaging, informative videos to help you close more deals.
Ready for More?
Once you’ve started building up your video library, consider sharing them in unique ways, such as Print+Video. Our team at Xpressdocs can help you learn more about how this tool can take your videos to the next level. Xpressdocs has been in the real estate marketing game for over 20 years, and we have the expertise to help you create campaigns truly produce results. Check out other resources on our blog for building a winning marketing strategy.
Guest Author Bio – Sanket Shah
|Sanket Shah is the Founder and CEO of InVideo who initiated this startup with the view of encouraging the creation and use of videos in all sectors of business as well as private lives. Sanket’s dedication has led InVideo to serve millions of users from 190 countries across the world. His continuous encouragement to all video users and desire to make video making and editing accessible to everyone has contributed largely to the video production industry.
6 Ways to Increase Retention with Direct Mail
Let’s talk about customer retention. Scaling your business isn’t possible without a sturdy foundation of loyal customers – repeat consumers...
6 Ways to Encourage Positive Word-of-Mouth About Your Business
Think about your last purchase from a new company or brand. You may not have realized it, but your...
A No-Nonsense Guide to Real Estate Marketing this Season
No-Nonsense Guide to Real Estate Marketing After a year like 2023, you may be thinking, “What’s Next?” for the housing...
How to Use Social Media to Build Your Brand
YOUR EASY GUIDE TO SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING Your brand is more than your logo or company value statement. It’s...
Guide to Print and Direct Mail Terminology
Every industry has its own terminology. How well do you know the vocabulary when it comes to printing direct...
Your Guide to Standard Postcard Dimensions and How to...
Planning a direct mail postcard campaign but need a little guidance on postcard sizes? You may be wondering what...