Xpressdocs is kicking off 2015 with a bang. Our Q1 2015 updates to the platform not only make it easier to upload images, but also we have added enhanced coating options! Click on a link below to get more detail about each update.
Enhanced Coating Options
Xpressdocs is excited to announce new coating options for your print marketing. With our new coating machines you still have the ability to apply our traditional high-gloss UV coating, but now we also offer new matte and soft touch coating. These coating types will enhance your print marketing and make you stand out when compared with regularly printed marketing. Matte and Soft touch coating will be launched for a limited product set to start.
Enhanced Coating Options:
- High Gloss Coating (UV Coating): This is the traditional Xpressdocs coating that provides protection of the print while giving it a deep, glossy appearance. It really enhances color contrast and makes vibrant colors pop. It cannot be written on and self-adhesive labels may not adhere permanently.
- Matte Coating: This coating gives your print a smooth, satin finish that boosts the color contrast of your photos but has no glare. It also provides protection of the print. This coating option is not recommended to write on and self-adhesive labels may not adhere permanently.
- Soft-Touch Coating: This coating gives your print a velvety feel with a sophisticated, matte look that is fingerprint resistant. Darker color palettes will appear more muted. This coating option is not recommended to write on and self-adhesive labels may not adhere permanently.
1. Choose Your Coating Type – After building out your template, you will land on the Order Options page. Here you have the option to select a coating type for your print templates. Simply use the radio buttons on the left of the page to select which coating you would like to apply to your print piece. Choose from traditional high gloss UV, matte or soft touch coating.
2. Select Your Sides to Coat – Once you have decided on your coating type, you will select which sides of your print template you would like to apply the coating. Simply select side one, side two or both sides of your template by clicking on them. You will know you selected them because they will be outlined in green.
3. Coating Not Available for a Product – If a coating is not available for a product, it will show grayed out with a message saying, “Coating Not Available for this Product.” Currently Xpressdocs does not support matte or soft touch coating for postcards, but will include that option in the future.
Updated Order Gallery & Image Upload Tool
The image upload tool has gotten a makeover! Now uploading an image into your order gallery will be a lot easier and smoother.
1. Order Photo Gallery Makeover – You will notice that the Order Gallery on your Customize page has gotten a makeover. Now you have one consolidated place to upload new jpgs or pdf photos, as well as import a photo from a previous order or from your corporate image gallery (only select companies have corporate image galleries). Simply click the “Upload/Import Photos” button. For now, access to your photo services will still remain on the customize page and out of the modal.
2. New Modal-Style Upload Window – Previously on the customize page of your platform you would link to a new page to upload your photos. Now a modal will appear when you click on the “Import/Upload Photos” button from your customize page. The modal will feature tabs for uploading images from your computer, previous orders and your company image gallery (only select companies have a corporate image gallery).
3. Upload New Photos from Your Computer – To upload new photos from your computer simply click the “Browse” button, select the images you wish to upload and click “Open”. You can also upload more than one photo by holding down the “Control” key on the Windows machine or holding down the “Command” key on a MAC. Once your photos land in the modal you can name them in the open fields below each photo. Finally, click the “Insert into Order Gallery” button to drop your uploaded photos into your Order Gallery on your customize page.
4. Import Photos from Previous Orders – Select the “Import Photos” tab and use the drop-down to select a previous order. Your photos from that order will load into the modal. Simply click to select the photos you wish to import and they will outline in orange. Once you have selected all your photos, click the “Insert into Order Gallery” button to drop your imported photos into your Order Gallery on your customize page.
5. Import Photos from Corporate Photo Gallery – Select the “Photo Gallery” tab and browse your folders to find the photos you wish to import. Simply click to select the photos you wish to import and they will outline in orange. Once you have selected all your photos, click the “Insert into Order Gallery” button to drop your imported photos into your Order Gallery on your customize page. Only select companies have a corporate photo gallery.
6. Accepted File Formats: PDF and JPG – Both PDFs and JPGs can now be uploaded in the within the new modal. Simply click the browse button, select your files, name them and click the “Insert into Order Gallery” button.
To find out more about our online and print marketing tools or to help with your personal marketing strategy, visit /. Be sure to join our Facebook Community and follow us on Twitter for real estate marketing tips.